Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Fabric Haul

Okay. I guess it might not technically be a "haul." But I'm pretty stoked about these woven cottons that I just picked up.  I'm not shy about buying crafty goodies when I've got the money for it, especially when there's a coupon involved.  And for this fabric I scored with several coupons.  Happy dance!


In case you hadn't noticed, I'm pretty much the worst photographer. This photo doesn't show off the colors at all. But they're so darn cute! From left to right, the solid colored broadcloth are a robin's egg blue, a lime green, a light denim blue color, and a light sea foam green. The nursery prints pick up little bits of all of those colors.  (Oh my gosh, I am so disappointed in this picture!  Blah!)

I plan to use these to make some little baby bonnets using a pattern by Polluted Pixie, and some coordinating reversible baby shoes using Weepereas' pattern. I've made the little shoes loads of times, and I'm excited to pair them with these bonnets, which I've never tried before, for some sweet little gift sets.  I'll mostly be shooting for unisex, but there will also be some gender specific bonnets and shoes. (The farm scene is definitely boy and the polka dots are totally girl.) 

I'm excited to get started, but alas, the fabric is enduring its pre-wash and shrink at the moment.  Keep your eyes open for pattern reviews for these little ones in the future!  And hopefully the pictures of the finished sets will turn out a whole lot better than this miserable nonsense.

No comments:

Post a Comment