Thursday, June 30, 2016

Mix and Match

Courtney over at Versodile has just come out with some mix and match pattern packs. I love them! She has gusset widths of 2.5" and 3". There are rounded and tessellated shapes in various lengths, from 6" to 16". Any of the shapes and lengths with a corresponding snapped width can be combined to create symmetrical or asymmetrical pads, with any shape combination. Here's a batch I just finished up. Fun stuff!


I used different fabrics for each style.left to right, I used a cotton topper with zorb and flannel core, organic bamboo velour and a zorb core, cotton velour with zorb, flannel with zorb and flannel core, and cotton with zorb. The three on the left are made using combinations of the 3" width packs, and the two on the right are made using combos of the 2.5" width packs.  It was fun to try out new fabrics with these patterns, which are becoming my go-to since they're so easy to use and customize.

Although the tessellated patterns in the packs aren't perfectly tessellated (they won't fit exactly, precisely together like puzzle pieces), they're close.  This was a purposeful adjustment to the patterns so that more sizes could be made using the patterns in the pack, instead of needing to buy individual patterns separately.  I think that's a fair trade-off.  The other thing is, I just figure there will always be a bit of fabric waste when making just about any project, so it's not a huge concern for me.  

Courtney is also working on some new patterns on Spoonflower, as well as creating panels to be used with her rounded pad shapes.  Honestly, I still have no idea how all of the Spoonflower jazz works, and it hurts my brain too much to try and figure it out.  But if you're into it, by all means, check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment